Wednesday, March 12, 2008

News from the Home Front--Vermont

As the second least churched state in America, Vermont cries out for spiritual assistance. Can you hear the cry of her heart? Does it call to your own heart? Why not join Terry Dorsett and his team of missionaries in reaching Vermont with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?


A Word from the Director:


Watching your children follow the Lord is a blessing beyond description. The first Sunday of March I watched my 17 year old daughter lead a group of 9 teen musicians as they led over 100 adults in a time of praise and worship. It brought tears to my eyes to watch my daughter serve the Lord in such a way. Later that same week I had lunch with a Christian business man who was present for that service and with tears in his eyes he talked about how moved he was to see teens leading adults in worship. May God be praised as He allows us to see our children walk in truth.

Sadly, many parents today are seeing their children turn away from the church. My heart breaks for the next generation and I often ask the Lord to show me what I can do to pass the torch to those younger than I. Sometimes their styles are different than what I'm used to, but their hearts are on fire for the Lord and their spirits are in tune with the Holy Spirit. I see part of my mission as helping mature the next generation in a way that is godly and biblical without destroying the creativity God has put in their hearts. What is your mission? What are you doing to reach the next generation? You do not have to compromise the truth or follow the world's patterns, but you do have to be willing to listen and learn from the "mouth of babes." May God show each of us how to reach the next generation in our circle of influence.

Terry Dorsett (Contact Terry at this address: terrydorsett@charter.net)
To visit the Green Mountain Baptist Association website click here

No comments: