Friday, November 10, 2006

Great News from Vermont

The following is from Terry Dorsett's weekly newsletter.

I thank the Lord for each of you and how your words of encouragement stir our hearts and remind us of your concern for us as we serve the Lord on the mission field.

As you may recall, I have been teaching a seminary extension class with 9 students. They are each learning so much and this week at class I could see the “lights” coming on in their eyes as we discussed proper methods of interpreting the Bible so that we can teach it to others. Training others to rightly teach the word is an exciting experience and several of my students will be preaching in some of our churches over the next few weeks, be praying for them!

I am also still learning myself as I continue to pursue my Doctor’s degree at Golden Gate Seminary. I am currently reading a book and have two more papers to write in preparation for my last class after Christmas. Pray for me as I try to fit all this reading and writing in with a schedule that is often a “little” overfilled.

I attended a men’s breakfast over the weekend, every man there (other than me) was a native Vermont and every one of them grew up in a non-churched home. Our focus was how we can be godly men if our fathers were not godly and we did not have a good example to follow. It was a lively and at times tense discussion, but it was good for the men to wade through these challenges. Next month the men will meet again and bring their sons and the focus will be “how can I pass my faith on to my son.” Pray for these first generation believers as they seek to create a new generation in VT that knows the Lord and follows Him from their youth.

I spent one day in New York this past week, speaking at Mid-America seminary. What a wonderful group of people they are and how blessed I was to see all those students preparing for ministry in the Northeast. Pray for the Lord of the Harvest to raise us laborers for His vineyard, which is white unto the harvest.

No comments: