Thursday, October 26, 2006

China Updates

From Heart4China “East Asia Update”

Dear Jesus, I Am A Sinner
The gathering was over, but six students had stayed behind to talk with the hostess. She was eager to know how they had processed the story of Christ's death and resurrection that she had shared. "Do you believe it?" she asked. "Yes, I believe it," said a high school junior. Then one by one, the six accepted Christ. She led them in a prayer of salvation, beginning with "Dear Jesus, I know I am a sinner." They repeated what she said, one sentence at a time. When she saw the new believers one week later, she asked if they had shared Christ with their friends and family. One student replied that she had told seven family members and 10 dorm mates about Christ. When asked how they responded to the gospel, the student replied, "Dear Jesus, I know I am a sinner." All 17 had received Him into their hearts!

Promises Kept
Previously he operated a disco, smoked, and drank. Then he ran into an old friend who told him about Christ. Although he immediately acknowledged the truth of the gospel, he didn't establish a life-changing relationship with Jesus. Christian friends began to pray for him, and he realized that he needed to allow God to change his heart. He told God that if He would help him break his smoking addiction, he would truly believe in Him. For four days, he was able to go without a cigarette. On the fifth day, he picked up a pack of cigarettes and heard God say, "I keep my promises. You keep yours." He threw the pack away and embraced the salvation freely given. He began worshipping in a house church, and shortly thereafter joined an evangelistic team in trips to neighboring locations. As they share Christ with others, they see other lives changed just as dramatically as his own.

From Workers on the Front Lines
"I've been out here nine years, and for the last two . . . I've never seen so many "T" people come to Christ and so many churches formed in all the major sub-groups. So that's really exciting to me. Perseverance is important. Being obedient. And then again, getting the Word of God out, getting the gospel out. It just takes time. You can't expect immediate results all the time."
"Why am I here 8,000 miles away from my old mother who often reminds me it's time to come home? For 20 plus years as a Christian, the Lord has allowed me to bring 12 precious souls into His Kingdom every year. But for the last two years, the Lord has allowed us to bring in over 6,000 precious souls. With tears in my eyes I told my mother, 'We must go back for the sake of the lost.' One day, I will take a very long vacation in heaven with my mother. Pray for my mother while I also pray for yours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post